1. Mesh Sports Bra – Juicy Couture
2. Color-block Running Shorts – Target
3. Under Armour ‘Define’ Storm Duffel Bag – Nordstrom
4. Nike Signal Tee – Hudson’s Bay
5. Nike Women’s Free 4.0 V3 Running Sneaker – Macy’s
6. Pure + Good Shadow Floral Jacket – Anthropologie
7. FRENDS Headphones – Yoox.com
For those who have survived the one month hurdle of their New Year’s resolution to get fit, consider rewarding yourself with not an extra helping of fro-yo, but with some stylish workout gear to keep you sweat-free and looking fierce. Pilates, cycle, cross-fit, whatever your workout of choice is, functional and fashionable gym clothes are a worthwhile investment to make.
Although I am a connoisseur of black and grey clothing, I tend to lean towards bright hues and edgy patterns when it comes to clothes I plan to sweat in. Perhaps I am trying to trick myself into thinking happy thoughts while I struggle through the grueling uphill cycle climbs. Whatever the case be, I’ve noticed a number of designers and fast fashion retailers are offering some seriously chic sweats. Nike is a favourite of mine, but it seems even the folks of Anthropologie and Juicy Couture have been stepping up their activewear game.
These stylish workout clothes can go from the a.m. barre to the p.m. bar with just a swipe of a lipstick. Okay, maybe not quite so interchangeable, but I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to wear some of these duds outside the gym.